From Obergurgl you walk across Gaisberg bridge where you turn left into the winding trail towards scenic Gaisbergtal. At the end the permanently ascending path takes you to the glacier snouts of Gaisbergferner. Watch out! With a bit of luck you can still find Alpine garnets. You continue towards the lower valley, following the trail to Hohe Mut.
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
Tips, hints and linksMore details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereObergurgl-Hochgurgl is located in the western part of Austria in the state of TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car you plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online:https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Obergurgl-Hochgurgl the following parking facilities are available:
- Car park Village center Obergurgl (in front of the church on the right, behind the multi-purpose building where the information office is located)
- Parking lot with coin entrance Parking Place entrance - valley station Festkoglbahn, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)
Show elevation profile Hide elevation profile
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.