- Course: Climbing, Path
- Requirements: Step safety, dizziness, condition, endurance, high alpine experience;
- Mountain route black, intersection alpine route
- Difficulties: extremely long tour, several times glacier passages (columns), assured passages; Stable weather conditions are particularly important; Mountain guide recommended
- Equipment: normal hiking equipment, depending on the conditions Pickel, crampons, rope
- Huts : Braunschweiger Hut, Rüsselsheimer Hut
Acess / exit point: from the valley station of the Rettenbachfern over the Rettenbachjoch to the Braunschweiger hut (approx. 1.75 h way, approx. 1.5 h descent); from Plangeross (municipality of St. Leonhard in the Pitztal) to Rüsselsheimer Hütte (about 2 h ascent, approx. 1,5 h descent)
Trittsicherheit, Schwindelfreiheit, Kondition, Ausdauer, hochalpine Erfahrung; abschnittsweise alpine Route
extrem lange Tour, mehrmals Gletscherpassagen (Spalten), versicherte Passagen; stabile Wetterverhältnisse besonders wichtig; Bergführer empfohlen!
Tips and hints
Did you know that…
... Mainzer Höhenweg high elevation trail leads across five peaks higher than 3000 meters and three glaciers?
More details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereSölden is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Sölden:
- Parking lot
- parking lot Stiegele
- stair parking
- Giggijochbahn + underground garage
- Gaislachkoglbahn + underground garage
- Parking Hochsölden
- parking garage Hochsölden 1. parking lot
- parking Zwieselstein
- parking Zwieselstein / sports ground
All parking is free during the day.
Parking for several days (eg hike tour):
- Postplatz, Parkticket available at the information Sölden Parkgarage Gaislachkoglbahn
- Parkticket either online or directly at the cash desk of the Gaislachkoglbahn
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
- 5 Waypoints
- 5 Waypoints