- Route: Climbing, cart track
- Requirements: Safety, dizzying;
- Mountain route red
- Difficulty: no special difficulties
- Equipment: normal hiking equipment
- Huts: Siegerland Hut, Gasthaus Hochfirst Hut
- Acess / exit point: from Sölden through the Windachtal to Siegerlandhütte (about 5 h ascent, approx. 4 h descent);
from Moos / Passeier to the Gasthof Hochfirst (approx. 3,5 h ascent, approx. 3 h descent);
from the Timmelsstraße to the Timmelsalm (about 0.5 h ascent and descent) by bus from Sölden to the Timmelsjoch, walking time to the Gasthof Hochfirst (approx. 1.5 h in the descent)
TIP OF THE DAY
Siegerlandhütte – Schneeberghaus (2.355 Meter) – Gasthof Hochfirst
Those who want to extend the tour can take the fork-off to Schneeberghaus (T +39 (0) 473 6470 45) mountain hut at the height of lake Schwarzsee.
Enjoy a rewarding journey back in time to South Tyrol‘s deeplyrooted mining history. Also renowned for excellent lunchtime meals.
Level, walking time: average hike, about. 4 - 5 h Siegerlandhütte - Schneeberghaus; Schneeberghaus - Gasthaus Hochfirst 2,5 h
Altitude meters: 500 hm ascent and 1.610 descent
Keine besonderen Schwierigkeiten
Tips and hints
Did you know that…
... goods were smuggled to Ötztal via the hidden smugglers‘ trail?
More details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereSölden is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Sölden:
- Parking lot
- parking lot Stiegele
- stair parking
- Giggijochbahn + underground garage
- Gaislachkoglbahn + underground garage
- Parking Hochsölden
- parking garage Hochsölden 1. parking lot
- parking Zwieselstein
- parking Zwieselstein / sports ground
All parking is free during the day.
Parking for several days (eg hike tour):
- Postplatz, Parkticket available at the information Sölden Parkgarage Gaislachkoglbahn
- Parkticket either online or directly at the cash desk of the Gaislachkoglbahn
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
- 5 Waypoints
- 5 Waypoints