The car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the vallly and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps.
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Gurgl:
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Cross-country skis - classic or skating skis
- Cross country poles of suitable length
- Cross country boots - precise fit, should give a firm grip and tight-fitting
- Clothing - Functional underwear with long arms and legs, special running tights and tight pants, water repellent and breathable jacket recommended
- Gloves should provide a firm grip and optimal stick guidance
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.