From the Festkogl mountain gondola across Ferwallbrücke bridge on a slightly descending trail past Alpine rose fields to the hamlet of Königsrain. Cross the road shortly before you reach the hamlet and take the path leading down to the Ötztaler Ache mountain brook, Königsbach brooklet and the old mill. Cross the federal road on the climbing trail to the right, proceed to the old farmhouse opposite. A shady trail without much change in elevation travels, on the right side of the valley, above the hamlet of Angern and Pill to romantic lake Pillersee.
Tips, hints and linksMore details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereObergurgl is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Obergurgl-Hochgurgl the following parking facilities are available:
- Car park Village center Obergurgl (in front of the church on the right, behind the multi-purpose building where the information office is located)
- Parking lot with coin entrance Parking Place entrance - valley station Festkoglbahn, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)
32T 654624 5192798
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.