Length / Time
300 meters of difference in altitude on a 450 meter long climbing route. Climbing time: approx. 3 hours; 3,5 - 4 hours incl. descent.
- age: 9 years and older
- size: at least 1,40 meter tall and taller
- surefootedness, free from giddiness and sporty
- experience with climbing
Safety informationSAFETY ON THE VIA FERRATA
The Austrian Alpine Club has published 10 recommendations for climbing on via ferratas in order to increase safety:
- Plan carefully
- Destination should correspond to personal abilities
- Use complete set of professional climbing equipment
- Don’t access the route in the event of a thunderstorm
- Check wire rope and anchors accurately and critically
- Partner check at the access point
- Maintain sufficient distance
- Talk clearly when overtaking someone
- Watch out for falling rocks
- Respect nature and environment
Tips, hints and linksMore details about climbing in Ötztal:
Getting thereUmhausen is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
Passing Oetz , you follow the Ötztaler Bundesstraße towards Umhausen. At kilometre 14,3 turn left to Umhausen and then turn right to Niederthai. Follow the course of the road for approx. 500 meters. Parking is possible at the paid parking lot of the Ötzi Village / bathing lake.
From there you reach the access point of the via ferrata in 20 min.