The classic: SHR Alpin: The Sellrainer Hüttenrunde
For beginners and mountaineers as an entry route for higher targets. On the alpine paths from hut to hut through the Sellrainer mountains and Stubai Alps.
In 7 stages with walking times between 3 and 6 hours. With four overpasses from the Fotschertal, Lüsens- and Längental, Gleirschtal, Zwieselbachtal back to Sellraintal. Accommodation at Potsdamer Hütte, Alpengasthof Praxmar, Westfalenhaus, Pforzheimer Hütte, Schweinfurter Hütte and the Dortmunder Hut. Start and finish: Sellrain in Sellraintal. 78 km; 5,950 hm ascents and 5,950 hm descents.
It is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
Dortmunder Hütte (938 m)
32T 667653 5231249
1. Sellrain – Potsdamer Hütte. Beautiful ascent via Fotschertal.
2. Potsdamer Hütte – Praxmar. Challenging crossing via Rotenkogel into Lüsental.
3. Praxmar – Westfalenhaus. Through Schöntal incl. peak conquest of Oberstkogel.
4. Westfalenhaus – Pforzheimer Hütte. From Längental into Gleirschtal incl. peak conquest of Schöntalspitze.
5. Pforzheimer Hütte – Schweinfurter Hütte. From Sellraintal into Ötztal with optional peak conquest of Gleirscher Roßkogel.
6. Schweinfurter Hütte – Dortmunder Hütte. From Zwieselbachtal past lake Finstertaler See and back into Sellraintal.
7. Dortmunder Hütte - Sellrain. On the panoramic paths of "Sellrainer Höhenweg" (Sellrain High Altitude Trail) back to Sellrain.
Enjoy a both comfortable and relaxing train ride to the train station in Ötztal Bahnhof. You get off the train in ÖTZTAL Bahnhof where you change to a public bus or local taxi. The current bus schedule can be found at: http://fahrplan.vvt.at
Ochsengarten is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
The following parking facilities are available in Ochsengarten:
Ochsengarten Large public parking - opposite, or next to the valley station Ochsengartenbahn
Ochsengarten in the center vis á vis from our information office & Opposite the GH Bergland
Ochsengarten at the end of the line, in the direction of Kühtai, at the school, above Ochsengarten - paid parking) at the Sattele starting point WI-Wandergebiet, or SU-Wanderwandergebiet Feldringalm
Arrival by train, car, foot or bike
Similar tours nearby
These suggestions were created automatically.
Show elevation profile
Hide elevation profile
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.