PANORAMARESTAURANT HOCHOETZ -> Bielefelder Hütte -> Rosskopf -> Wetterkreuz -> Wörgetal -> Knappenhaus -> Obere Issalm -> Balbach Alm -> Kühtaile Alm -> PANORAMARESTAURANT HOCHOETZ
This high elevation trail takes you from the Hochoetz Panorama Restaurant to Bielefelder Hütte and further on to Wetterkreuz. Proceed to Wörgetal until you get to the reconstructed Miners House in original style with stamping mill - a kind of stone mill for crushing ore. Continue to the (decayed) Obere Issalm before you reach the Balbachalm and return to the Panorama Restaurant via Kühtaile Alm.
Walking time without rest stops: approx. 6 hours
Further access points of this route can be found in Ochsengarten at Balbachhof or Issbrücke car park and in Kühtai.
Enjoy the untouched nature at the small lake "Puchersee" beneath the miners museum. Ralax and dream!
Safety informationintermediate hike! please check the weather forcast on www.oetztal.com
Tips, hints and linksMore details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereOetz is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Oetz:
- Parking Acherkogelbahn - free for guests of the gondola lift, camping prohibited
- Parking lot Raftingeinsteinstelle (at the end of Oetz on the right side) - free, but limited parking (alternatively Acherkogelbahn 150 m), camping prohibited
- Oetz parking area (subject to a charge)
- Parking at night during several days' tours: Central parking place Oetz, The ticket is available at the information office Oetz.
- Parking at the Ochsengartencable car station. free parking, camping prohibited
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.