The Obergurgl Archeology Loop leads past “Beilstein Alm”, one of the Alps’ most extensively studied archeological excavation sites. The hike first leads to Lake Soomsee and then follows the Archeology Trail into the valley. In addition to interesting archeological findings, the hike offers magnificent views of the surrounding peaks and glaciers. Alternatively, the ascent to Lake Soomsee makes a perfect opportunity to visit also the huge plateau of the lake terrace. Leaving Beilstein, head back to Obergurgl via Zirben Alm.
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as outdoor clothing, weather-resistant outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and gloves. It is also important to have sufficient food and a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
Tips, hints and linksA segment of an Original Ötztal Trek stage.
More details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereObergurgl is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Obergurgl-Hochgurgl the following parking facilities are available:
- Car park Village center Obergurgl (in front of the church on the right, behind the multi-purpose building where the information office is located)
- Parking lot with coin entrance Parking Place entrance - valley station Festkoglbahn, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)
Show elevation profile Hide elevation profile
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.