Route length / time required
80 meters altitude gain, 150 m rope length.0.5 hours, incl. descent approx. 50 minutes.
SAFETY ON THE VIA FERRATA
The Austrian Alpine Club has published 10 recommendations for climbing on via ferratas in order to increase safety:
- Plan carefully
- Destination should correspond to personal abilities
- Use complete set of professional climbing equipment
- Don’t access the route in the event of a thunderstorm
- Check wire rope and anchors accurately and critically
- Partner check at the access point
- Maintain sufficient distance
- Talk clearly when overtaking someone
- Watch out for falling rocks
- Respect nature and environment
Helmet, climbing harness with fixed-rope set, climbing gloves, suitable footwear.
Tips, hints and linksMore details about climbing in Ötztal:
Getting thereSölden is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
Drive through the village of Sölden to the base station of Gaislachkogl mountain gondola. Turn into exit K and follow the road for about 300 meters. Turn right after the bridge, continue on the steeply bending road to Moosalm mountain inn. Leave your car there or at the second road turn after the hut. From the parking area you walk along the trail for about 20 minutes, always follow the "Klettersteig" (via ferrata) signs.
ParkingMoosalm or at the second road turn after the hut